One of our top priorities is ensuring the products we transport and store are safe and meet food safety requirements. We are happy to report that Nelson-Jameson, Inc. received a score of 98% on our latest Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program Certification audit in September. More recently, last month, Sector 26 met Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Benchmarking – which means the sector is now recognized and accepted worldwide.
SQF Certification is recognized by GFSI, which links primary production certification to food manufacturing, distribution and agent/broker management certification. As a distribution facility, the SQF Certification benefits are the following:
- Compliance – The requirements in the SQF code meet and often exceed many international food safety regulatory rules, including the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) proposed rules.
- Confidence – SQF is a food safety system that can help protect brands and consumers with one of the most rigorous, globally recognized programs and state of the art data management system.
- Global Recognition – a program recognized by the GFSI and food retailers worldwide.
- Enhanced Protection – The SQF program provides data and information that has integrity, consistency, and provides a higher level of credibility than other schemes.
- Quality Management – The SQF program includes a level of certification specifically focused on product quality and the maintenance of private label specifications at the manufacturing level.
- Reduced Product Loss – The SQF systems approach to specification management will help improve operational efficiency.
Stay tuned to our blog for more updates on food safety regulations and how we are implementing policies and procedures to keep our products and consumers safe.