Maxiren® XDS and Nelson-Jameson make a GOUDA couple!
You FETA BRIE-LIEVE IT!
And yes, we are together for the long haul.
Maxiren® XDS is a fermentation produced chymosin (FPC) that protects, preserves, and optimizes the required coagulant in the cheese process helping cheese reach its full potential of GRATE taste and big smiles. There is an increase of flexibility in the cheese production when Maxiren® XDS is involved. This extraordinary coagulant has a high specificity which lowers the amount of coagulant required, and aids in slowing the breakdown of cheese proteins, resulting in enhanced cheese textures. The enriched texture maintains a longer shelf life which allows shredding, slicing, and dicing to be smooth, natural, and more efficient through different cheese stages.
Just the facts, (Pepper) Jack!
- Maxiren® XDS manages whey protein. It will be inactive after pasteurization at temperatures between 66° to 73°C, therefore reducing concerns over residual rennet left behind.
- Strengthens the stretch! Long, thin strands hold better without breaking into thinner strings. Also promotes a reduction in browning and upholds an exceptional cheese melt.
- A chymosin preparation derived from a selected strain of the dairy yeast Kluyveromyces lactis.
- Kosher and Halal approved.
- Not a GMO.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Allows for easier shredding, dicing, and slicing of cheese.
For more information, please give us a call! Our Ingredient Product Specialists will be happy to discuss your current processes, and work with you in your facility to suggest the right product for your application.
Go ahead—throw in the Maxiren® XDS—afterall, age is only important when it comes to cheese!