The Foundation will provide financial support to employees, local communities, and the industry
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Marshfield, WI – April 19, 2023 | The Nelson-Jameson Family of Companies recently announced the launch of the Nelson-Jameson Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to cultivate prosperity for employees, local communities, and the industry through a diverse range of philanthropic programs. One of the tenets of the Nelson-Jameson Foundation is the belief that supporting communities is the shared responsibility of every citizen and corporation.“
The launch of the Nelson-Jameson Foundation continues our company’s 75-year legacy of charitable giving and underscores our commitment to employee wellbeing.” says Amanda Sasse, fourth-generation owner. “We’re a golden-rule company that strives to maintain a culture of honesty, integrity, and kindness. The Foundation allows us to invest in these values for the benefit of our employees, their families, and our community.”
The roster of programs supported by the Nelson-Jameson Foundation provides financial, emergency, and educational support to employees and their families. It also empowers employees to take part in directing resources toward community causes they care about that also embody Nelson-Jameson’s company values. The list of programs includes:
- Volunteer Program – The Volunteer Program empowers employees to be agents of social impact by providing paid volunteer time during regular business hours for up to eight hours per year at 501(c)(3) charitable organizations and schools.
- Employee Crisis Fund – To help employees cope during an unexpected crisis due to a federal, state, or locally-declared emergency, the Nelson-Jameson Foundation can provide emergency assistance through the Employee Crisis Fund.
- Donation & Charitable Giving Grants – The Foundation will continue to support 501(c)(3) entities that practice its core values through Donation and Charitable Giving Grants.
- Matching Gift Program – The Matching Gift Program matches donations that employees make to 501(c)(3) charities. Employees can submit for one or two charities, and Nelson-Jameson will match up to $2,500 per employee per year.
- Scholarship Program – Through the Foundation’s Scholarship Program, family members of Nelson-Jameson employees can apply for scholarships at accredited two- or four-year colleges. An independent committee of former educators will review the applications and make final decisions on recipients. Up to five students can earn scholarships of $2,500 each.
Nelson-Jameson has named an internal board to oversee and continue building its Foundation’s operations. More information on the company can be found at nelsonjameson.com.
Nelson-Jameson is a fourth-generation, family-owned distributor to the food and beverage industry. From the company’s roots in dairy production supplies, it grew to offer a broad range of food processing equipment and services that provide customers with everything they need to manufacture safe, high quality products. Representing over 850 vendors and distributing over 60,000 products, Nelson-Jameson offers everything from standard equipment to custom production solutions and equipment repair. The company employs more than 260 people in five distribution centers across the United States and at its headquarters in the heart of dairy country in Marshfield, Wisconsin. The dairy industry leader also operates NEXT Logistics, offering delivery services from Wisconsin, California, Idaho, Pennsylvania, and Texas distribution centers.
For more than 75 years, Nelson-Jameson has supported food and dairy processors with products and solutions that keep pace with changing consumer tastes, manufacturing processes, and distribution channels. The company continues to be the supplier of choice for customers in all 50 states and international markets.
For more information, please visit: https://nelsonjameson.com